Freshman Final Exam
Only take this after you have done all previous exercises.
Write a five page short story. Your setting is Chicago, present or future time. Make it a third-person omniscient narrator, and make sure you incorporate all of the following:
1. A dynamic hero or heroine.
2. At least one stereotype.
3. Two other characters somehow related to the hero.
4. The linear plot model.
5. Correct spelling and grammar.
6. A clear cause/effect relationship between plot events (no Deus ex Machina, people).
7. Descriptions of at least two different settings within the plot.
8. Appropriately brief or extensive character descriptions, as necessary.
You have three hours to complete this, from the time you first start typing to the time you finish final editing.